Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pranks and automatic bathrooms



So I noticed some interesting things today regarding pranks in the parking lot. For those of you who live in URS or URN, this may have been more apparent. Lately, someone has been writing things like, "I like c**k," on people windows of their vehicles. I'm assuming it is to friends because it's only certain vehicles, it doesn't appear random. But the funniest thing was today when walking to blogging class I noticed the same truck that had been vandalized the night before with writing was now covered in post-it notes. I mean the whole dang thing. It was really neat, but the wind was starting to peel the notes off.

I also found this amusing. Have you noticed the changes to the bathrooms on campus? This is a rant I talk about at any public facility, because it's so funny. Bathrooms are all about being healthier and keeping germs down the drain. So we have the automatically flushing toilets, automatic sinks, soap dispensers and paper towels or dryers. But what happens when the bathrooms are a mixture of the two? Are you really cleaning your hands? When you have to manually turn on the water to the sink, but the soap dispenser is automatic, is it really a benefit to have that dispenser? Yes I know, use the paper towel to turn off the water, but just think about it. Remember, people by nature are lazy, or so Dr. Hanson has told us.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny Chels!! I totally agree about the bathroom thing. It is disgusting how many people walk in "do their business" and don't even hesitate at the sink. So I may have cleaned my germs off, but when I go to leave the restroom I get their nastiness all over my hands from the door!

    Another thing I noticed that has changed, is the bathroom signs. They used to be the general male and female just standing. But now they are becoming more creative and like the one you have pictured, they are shown with their hands crossed over their business. I think it is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh also, I saw the car with the sticky notes. That was pretty dang funny.

    ReplyDelete