
This weekend, Hannah Montana: The Movie opened as the top movie raking in $34 million. The Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour opened with $31.1 million a year ago. It beat out the 4th addition to Fast and Furious, who came in with $28.8 million.
This is so ironic, because my little sister and I went to the Hannah Montana movie, and my mother and older sister went to the Fast and Furious movie. The Hannah Montana was pretty good, to my surprise. But the most entertaining thing about it was the audience. The theater was filled with mothers and their tween daughters and friends who were dressed in Hannah Montan gear from top to bottom. And after every song Hannah/Miley sung, the audience cheered and clapped along with the audience on the screen. It was pretty funny, and my sister and I got a big laugh out of it.
I was disappointed in some parts of the movie, though. I'll admit I've watched the show on TV, so I have a good idea of what is going on. In the movie, it's more about Miley and her cowboy boyfriend and how she must choose between her Hannah Montana identity and life as an average kid. I was surprised how little Lily, her best friend, was involved. Yet again, Billy Ray stole the show by always being at Miley's side while having a love life of his own on the side. Even Miley's brother, Jackson, is mostly ignored in this movie. It disappointed me how much they were downplayed compared to the TV show, but I guess that's why they call it Hannah Montana: The Movie, not Hannah Montana and Friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment