Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Love You, Man!

I found a review article on the movie "I Love You, Man" from rotten tomatoes. There were many reviews to pick from, but I chose a review written by Ann Hornaday from the Washington Post.

This review was well written and got the message across. I liked how she started it off that the reader will like this movie as long as they like the star of movie, Paul Rudd. If you liked the movie "The 40 Year-Old Virgin" and "Knocked Up," the reader is assured that they'll like this movie. Even if they didn't like those two movies, they should like Paul Rudd in "I Love You, Man."

She does a good job quoting some of the most random quotes, such as "joben" and "totes magotes." These words mean absolutely nothing, but Rudd's character, Peter Kalven, mutters them when trying to connect to people on his, "man dates."

I also liked how Ann Hornaday points out the fact that the wife, Zooey (played by Rashida Jones), brings in a sense of humor, is smart and successful. She encourages her husband to go out a meet friends instead of punishing him for finding himself with his less-than-reputable friend Sydney (Jason Segel) who purposfuly leaves his dog's business on the board walk.

Hornaday wrote a clear review that was right to the point, picked out and integrated quotes and scenes from the movie, and was a good review that effectively persuades the audience to go out a see the movie, so long as they're into that sense of humor.

1 comment:

  1. I've long been a fan of Ann Hornaday. I really liked Stephen Hunter at the Post, but I'm not sure he's still doing a lot of reviews anymore.

    ReplyDelete